Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Supplies Needed:
Template 04 (St.Patrick's Day) fromChaneyJo's Creations found here
Tube of choice, I am using one of Ismael Rac, you can find it here
Scrap kit Patty from Addictive Pleasures, link is no longer available
so you can download here
Eye Candy 4000 - Gradient Glow (optional)
Mask WSL_84 from Missy found here

Ready to begin?
Awesome!

Don't forget to save often.

Open your template, duplicate and close the original. Resize by 700 x 700. I also added a white background layer at the bottom.

Delete the credits and the doodle (you may want to keep this).

Select Raster 2 (large oval circle), go to Selections, select all, float, defloat.

Open a paper of choice, I used p2. Paste as a new layer above your oval layer, go to selection, invert and hit delete on your key board. Delete the original template layer.

Select Rectangle 2, go to Selections, select all, float, defloat.

Open a paper of choice, I used p4. Paste as a new layer above your rectangle layer, go to selection, invert and hit delete on your key board. Delete the original template layer.

Select Rectangle 1, go to Selections, select all, float, defloat.

Open a paper of choice, I used p12. Paste as a new layer above your rectangle layer, go to selection, invert and hit delete on your key board. Delete the original template layer.

Do not deselect rectange1, copy and paste your tube as a new layer. Position where you like it, hit delete on your key board. I set the blend mode to Luminance Legacy, you can play around with this or leave it as it is, totally up to you...LOL

Select clover frame, go to Selections, select all, float, defloat.

Open a paper of choice, I used p11. Paste as a new layer above your clover frame layer, go to selection, invert and hit delete on your key board. Delete the original template layer.

Select clover frame background, go to Selections, select all, float, defloat.

Open a paper of choice, I used p9. Paste as a new layer above your clover frame background layer, go to selection, invert and hit delete on your key board. Delete the original template layer.

Select slats, go to Selections, select all, float, defloat.

Open a paper of choice, I used p4. Paste as a new layer above your slats layer, go to selection, invert and hit delete on your key board. Delete the original template layer.

I applied a drop shadow to all layer except for the rectangle with my tube, I used a gradient glow.

Copy and paste your tube to the left of the tag, see my tag for reference if needed. Apply a drop shadow.

Open ribbon and paste as a new layer, flip and move to the bottom of your tube, apply a drop shadow. I then took my pick tool and moved the right side in a little bit.

If you are using the same tube take your freehand tool and select any of the legs that show under the ribbon, when finished you should have something like I do.

Open sparkles2, copy and paste on top of the tube in the frame, place to your liking and delete anything the goes past the bottom of the frame.

Open ivy2, free rotate left, copy and paste as a new layer, move below your frame. See my tag for reference if needed. Apply a drop shadow.

Open hearts, free rotate 20 degrees to the left. Copy and paste as a new layer, move to the corner of your frame, see my tag for reference if needed. Apply a drop shadow.

Open potofgold, resize by 60 percent, paste as a new layer, move to the bottom right of your frame. Apply a drop shadow.

Open hat2, resize to your liking and copy and paste as a new layer, move to the bottom left of your tag. See my tag for reference if needed. Apply a drop shadow.

Above your white background make a new raster layer. Choose 2 colors from your tube, make a gradient. Flood fill the layer you just made with your gradient. Apply the mask to this layer. I then applied Mosaic Antique.

Add any other elements you desire.

Add copyrights and your name.

Crop if needed.

Save as a PNG.

You are all finished!

I would love to see what you created using my tut!